School Info, Enrollment, & Policies
Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, delivering access to Berklee’s acclaimed curriculum from anywhere in the world. Berklee Online's award-winning online courses, multi-course certificate programs, and Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are accredited and taught by the college's world-renowned faculty, providing lifelong learning opportunities to people interested in music and working in the music industry.
Air Force students must apply for Tuition Assistance online using the Air Force Virtual Education Center. This must be done through the Air Force Portal at https://www.my.af.mil. It is important to note that students must choose Berklee College of Music when completing their request for tuition assistance.
The Air Force may require you to provide them with a Vocational Coursework Plan. If you are using the Air Force form please complete all applicable areas and either fax it to 617-747-2149 or email it to email@example.com. If you do not have the form from the Air Force we can put together the relevant information needed. In order to do so you will need to send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes the following:
- Full legal name.
- Last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Full name of the program you are pursuing (ie: Master Guitar, Specialist Pro Tools, etc.).
- Whether you will be using a PC or Mac.
- Detailed schedule of courses. This should include each required course in the program as well as the term you wish to take each of the courses. For a master certificate also include the electives you wish to take. (Please note the electives and schedule of courses can be changed at a later date but may require the student to provide additional documentation to the Air Force).
Once this information is received, your documentation will be drafted and sent to you via email. Documentation does take time to draft so please allow adequate time for processing.
After receiving approval for tuition assistance, students should complete the following steps:
1. Enroll in a Certificate Program
- Enroll in your chosen Certificate Program by clicking the “Enroll” button on the Certificate Program description page. You will need to complete the enrollment by paying the registration and technology fee. If you are already enrolled in the program, be sure your schedule reflects what you wish to take in the upcoming term.
2. Submit Approved Voucher
- The voucher must include the following:
- Correct start and end dates. These can be found on the Academic Calendar page.
- The number of semester hours for the course or courses. Each 3 credit course is 3 semester hours.
- The full course name and course number.
- Signature of the student and educational officer.
All forms can be sent via fax to 617-747-2149 (Attn: Finance), via e-mail to email@example.com, or via mail to the following address:
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
3. Verification of Paperwork
TA forms must be received by the end of the enrollment period of the upcoming term. After reviewing the forms submitted, if they are approved, the amount the Air Force is paying will be applied to the tuition due as well as the military discount. An email will be sent to you once both have been applied which will include the amount of remaining balance due.
The student will be responsible for any approved amount that is not paid by the Air Force. Student services could be suspended for failure to pay tuition in a timely manner.
For students wishing to use Top-Up in addition to tuition assistance please click here for more information.
Contact an Advisor