School Info, Enrollment, & Policies
Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, delivering access to Berklee’s acclaimed curriculum from anywhere in the world. Berklee Online's award-winning online courses, multi-course certificate programs, and Bachelor of Professional Studies degrees are accredited and taught by the college's world-renowned faculty, providing lifelong learning opportunities to people interested in music and working in the music industry.
Marine Corps Tuition Assistance (TA) offers financial assistance to service members who elect to pursue Off-Duty or Voluntary Education. For more information and to apply for tuition assistance please visit www.usmc-mccs.org/education/mta.cfm. It is important to note that students must choose Berklee College of Music when completing their request for tuition assistance.
Once a Marine is enrolled with TA, he or she must submit a degree plan before exceeding 12 semester hours. To obtain this document send an email to email@example.com. The email must include the following information:
- Full legal name.
- Last 4 digits of your social security number.
- Full name of the program you are pursuing (i.e., Master Certificate in Guitar, Specialist Certificate Pro Tools).
- Whether you will be using a PC or Mac.
- Detailed schedule of courses. This should include each required course in the program as well as the term you wish to take each of the courses. For a master certificate also include the electives you wish to take. (Please note the electives and schedule of courses can be changed at a later date but may require the student to provide additional documentation to the Marines).
Once this information is received, your documentation will be drafted and sent to you via email. Documentation does take time to draft so please allow adequate time for processing.
After receiving approval for tuition assistance, certificate program students should complete the following steps:
1. Enroll in a Certificate Program
- Enroll in your chosen Certificate Program by clicking the “Enroll” button on the Certificate Program description page. You will need to complete the enrollment by paying the registration and technology fee. If you are already enrolled in the program, be sure your schedule reflects what you wish to take in the upcoming term.
2. Submit Approved Voucher
- The voucher must include the following:
- Correct start and end dates. These can be found on the Academic Calendar page.
- The number of semester hours for the course or courses. Each 3 credit course is 3 semester hours.
- The full course name and course number.
- Signature of the student and educational officer.
All forms can be sent via fax to 617-747-2149 (Attn: Finance), via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via mail to the following address:
1140 Boylston Street
Boston, MA 02215
3. Verification of Paperwork
TA forms must be received by the end of the enrollment period of the upcoming term. After reviewing the forms submitted, if approved, the amount the Marines are paying will be applied to the tuition due as well as the military discount. An email will be sent to you once both have been applied which will include the amount of remaining balance due.
The student will be responsible for any approved amount that is not paid by the Marines. Student services could be suspended for failure to pay tuition in a timely manner.
For students wishing to use Top-Up in addition to tuition assistance please click here for more information.
Berklee Online has worked closely with the U.S. Marine Corps to design exclusive multi-course online programs to compliment your studies at the Armed Forces School of Music. You can find more information regarding these programs here.
Contact an Advisor