Composing the Film Score
Authored by Sean McMahon
Course Code: OCOMP-599
This course results in one cue recorded remotely with a 40-piece professional orchestra. These recordings are well suited for your demo and use as promotional material. This course emphasizes process: you will compose, orchestrate, copy, prepare Pro Tools sessions, and mix your cue along with weekly writing assignments. You will gain recording experience and learn how to produce a session, directing professional musicians. You will expand your composer's toolbox and employ various compositional and orchestration devices to maximize the dramatic impact of their music. You will also learn from Hollywood’s finest composers and studio musicians through master classes.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Write effectively for a real orchestral ensembles
- Prepare record-ready Pro Tools sessions and professional standard scores and parts
- Produce recording sessions and manage recording time
- Create well-blended hybrid cues for MIDI instruments and live players
- Employ a broad range of compositional and orchestral devices for cinematic and emotional effect
SyllabusSyllabus coming soon.
RequirementsRequirements coming soon.
General Course Requirements
Below are the minimum requirements to access the course environment and participate in live chats. Please make sure to also check the Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements section above, and ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for all software needed for your course.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software (available in the course when joining your first chat)
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal Microphone
- Broadband Internet connection