School News - Berkleemusic wins Best Online College Course Award two years in a row with Berklee Keyboard Method by Paul Schmeling
Carin Johnson and Paul Schmeling
For the second year in a row, the University
Continuing Education Association (UCEA) awarded Berkleemusic with
the best online college course award. The winning course, Berklee
Keyboard Method, competed against courses across all disciplines,
from colleges and universities nationwide. Authored by Paul Schmeling
and developed by Carin Johnson, the 12-week, online extension school course
was judged on lesson content, assignments, student assessment, course
layout, design, and use of multi-media elements. Please join us in congratulating
Paul and Carin on their outstanding work!
We would also like to acknowledge the following people who contributed
to the success of this online course:
• Matt Marvuglio for his vision and guidance with this course from
the very beginning stages.
• Robert Heath for his innovative and effective animation and graphics
• Craig Reed for producing exceptional instructional videos of Paul
Schmeling that are used throughout the course.
• Susan Gedutis Lindsay for her outstanding editing work.
• Ross Ramsay for arranging and recording dozens of great sounding
student play-along tracks for this course.
The award was presented to Dean of Continuing Education Debbie Cavalier
at the UCEA annual conference this month in San Diego.