Online Open House Clinic Innovative Music Production Techniques with Cakewalk SONAR X3
Thanks for Your Interest
Unfortunately, registration has closed. Please stay tuned for more Open Houses in the near future!
When: Monday, March 31 at 4:00pm ET
Length: 30 minutes
Join Berklee Online for an in-depth demonstration with Craig Anderton, a renowned music technologist and producer, and Chief Magic Officer for Gibson Brands. In this half-hour online clinic, Craig will show inventive music production techniques using Cakewalk SONAR X3. Learn how to create, edit, master, and more using this exciting recording software.
For international viewers, EDT (Eastern Daylight Time) is UTC/GMT -4. Berklee Online uses Livestream as our platform for these events. Prior to the event, please review Livestream's suggested internet connection and browser requirements to ensure the best viewing experience.
ABOUT CRAIG ANDERTON
Craig Anderton is an expert on music and technology, and has lectured in 38 states, 10 countries, and three languages. Currently Chief Magic Officer for Gibson Brands (parent company of Cakewalk), he has played on, produced, or mastered over 20 major label recordings. Additionally, he has written over two dozen books on musical electronics and contributed articles to magazines including Electronic Musician, Keyboard, Sound on Sound, and Rolling Stone.
Topics for this Open House will include:
- The MIDI advantage for songwriting
- Using loops for both songwriting and EDM
- Speeding up workflow to prevent "inspiration atrophy" (effects chains, track templates, browser techniques, etc.)
- Creating your own mixer architecture
- Using "spot" timing correction to tighten timing without destroying feel
- How to make amp sims sound great (e.g. effects chains)
- Mastering in SONAR