To ensure the best performance, please download and install the latest version of Google Chrome . If already in Chrome, you can go to chrome://help within your address bar to check your version and update it if needed.
Trouble Accessing Your Course
Chat Room Function
To use the chat room function you will need the Cisco WebEx chat application. If using Google Chrome, you can manually add the WebEx extension to your browser at the extension store here . Otherwise, your browser should automatically prompt you to install WebEx the first time you enter a chat.
If using a mobile device to access chats, do a search within your app store for “Cisco WebEx Meetings.” Install that app to your device and it will automatically open when you tap the Join Chat button within your course. Please note that the mobile app does not support viewing recorded archive chats at this time.
If you are experiencing issues connecting to the chat room and you are on a wireless network or using a router, try connecting directly into your modem. Please also try disabling any firewalls and pop-up blockers that might be blocking you out of the chat room. If you are connecting from a place of business, school, library, etc please check with their IT department to inquire about possible website restrictions that could be preventing you from accessing the chat room.
- When you are ready to submit your assignment, click the Submit button.
- Type your response in the message box.
- If you need to add a file or recording to your post, click on the paperclip icon below the message box. The three buttons that appear will reflect the type of file you wish to attach and you can add as many attachments as you like.
- FILES - any type of computer file such as .mp3, .pdf, .jpeg, .zip, etc.
- AUDIO - for recording audio from your computer microphone directly into the post.
- VIDEO - upload any movie file type such as .mov, .mp4, .wmv, etc. or for recording video directly into the post using your webcam or smartphone.
- If you need to make another post within the same activity, the Submit button will no longer appear. Instead, click on View Submission for your initial post at the bottom of the activity page and then reply to that to add additional content or to resubmit your assignment. Please note that posts cannot be edited or deleted once submitted.
How do I download an MP3 file?
Click the MP3 link to stream the file within your internet browser. To download the MP3, either right-click your mouse (PC) or hold the control key and click your mouse (Mac) and select “Save Target as…” from the drop-down menu. Depending on your Web browser, this function may instead say “Download File as…,” “Save Link as…,” “Download Link as…,” etc. Please make sure you that you are posting your assignment file in MP3 format.
Where Do I Get My Required Course Materials?
Required course materials are listed on any course’s Requirements page and within the course itself in the Getting Started section. If a course requires software made by a third party such as a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) or notation program, links to where these can be purchased can be found within your My Home page at the Required Course Materials link. Discounts on non-required software and gear can be found on the Student Deals page.
How do I record to my computer?
Learn how to do a basic recording on your computer. In this video, Doug is using GarageBand on a Mac laptop with a PreSonus AudioBox USB interface but any modern computer and interface combination will allow you to get the same results.
Here are other audio interfaces that we recommend:
PC Users: What should I do if I'm having problems with Audacity?
If you are using Audacity to record your assignments, please view this tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
Mac Users: What should I do if I'm having problems with GarageBand?
If you are using GarageBand to record your assignments, please view this tutorial for step-by-step instructions.
For more video tutorials, please check out our YouTube channel here.
If you have any other service/tech related questions that have not been addressed here please e-mail email@example.com or call 617-747-2146 ext 3 M-F 9am-5pm EST/EDT.