Instant Drum Set
by Ron Savage
available from Amazon.com
Learn to Play the Drum Set Instantly!
This revolutionary new book will have you jammin' right away. No matter what your level of musical knowledge, this is a simple fun method for students of all ages who want to start playing the drums. Pop in the accompanying CD and jam with the band in a variety of musical styles, including rock, blues, country, and funk.
- Simple lessons to get you playing instantly
- Play-along CD so you can listen and jam
- Dozens of tunes in different styles including rock, funk, and jazz
- Solid drum beats you'll use in these tunes and beyond
- Tips on playing and locking in with a bass player
- Enough technique and theory to get you playing, but not too much!
- Strategies to help you understand the drum set and develop your own beats
Whether you are learning to play the drum set as your first instrument or adding drums to your line-up, this Berklee method is the fastest way to learn the drums. It will set you well on your way to becoming a highly skilled player.
About the Author
Ron Savage is the chair of the Ensemble Department at Berklee College of Music. He has performed with many jazz greats including Cyrus Chestnut, Gary Bartz, Don Braden, Kurt Elling, and the Czech State Philharmonic. He has recorded with Christopher Hollyday, Cecilia Smith, and Patrice Williamson. Ron is also the co-author of the Berklee Practice Method: Drum Set (2001).
This is an excellent book for any beginner! Ron Savage is a gifted musician and teacher with an exceptional understanding of how to relate to beginning students. Instant Drum Set will certainly take the mystery out of learning the drums. I highly recommended it!
- Lawrence Finn, Associate Professor, Percussion Department, Berklee College of Music
"Jamming with the CD is a blast! Anyone can learn to play quickly and competently with this book!"
- Wes Wehmiller, Duran Duran
"It is not often that a musician of Ron Savage's caliber can capture the very nature of drumming in terms that everyone can understand. Ron has done it here-he's provided a straightforward, simple way to get playing right away, and the grooves are hip!
- Rick Considine, Percussion Department, Berklee College of Music
"Easy and efficient. Perfect for all ages. This no-nonsense approach is extremely valuable for building a strong music foundation."
- Tom Appleman, Mule Crossing
Also by Ron Savage