The Musician's Internet
by Peter Spellman
available from Amazon.com
This hands-on guide is essential for any musician who wants to build a fan base and increase profits through the Internet. Peter Spellman, Director of the Career Development Center at Berklee College of Music, guides the self-managed musician through successful strategies to promote music on-line, reach new audiences, and maximize income!
Packed with simple and effective techniques, including how to:
- Expand your on-line presence and attract thousands of new fans
- Create a professional Web site for your band
- Share music downloads, and sell and license music on-line
- Broadcast on Internet radio, webcast concerts, and create streaming music sites
- Use industry secrets to get and sign an on-line record deal
- Navigate over 300 music-related Web sites, and list your band on all major search engines and directories
About the Author
Peter Spellman is the Director of Career Development at Berklee College of Music. He is also the founder of Music Business Solutions (www.mbsolutions.com), a business and marketing consultancy. Drummer for the improvisational collective Friend Planet, Spellman has written for numerous industry publications, and also teaches at Northeastern University and the University of Massachusetts-Lowell.
Also by Peter Spellman
The Self-Promoting Musician
If you are an independent musician, producer, studio owner, or label, you should own this book! This guide will teach you everything you need to know to become a success in the music business.
ENROLL IN AN ONLINE COURSE WITH AUTHOR PETER SPELLMAN AT BERKLEEMUSIC.COM!
Marketing Yourself in the Music Industry - berkleemusic.com
"This is an excellent guide in handbook form. The Musician's Internet reveals the Internet as a liberating force for the independent aspiring musician, songwriter, or producer."
- M. William Krasilovsky, Author of This Business of Music
"The Musician's Internet demystifies the Net while teaching you how to make yourself at home in cyberspace. If you are a smart songwriter trying to reach potential fans of your music, this book shows you how."
- Christine Lavin, Singer/Songwriter/Guitarist
"This is a comprehensive resource for anyone wishing to establish a presence on the World Wide Web and use the Internet as a marketing tool. I found valuable information on how to fine tune my website and expand my consumer base."
- Roger McGuinn, Founding member of The Byrds
"Peter Spellman has discovered the secret pathway to profit for the independent musician!"
- Walt F.J. Goodridge, President, HipHopBiz.com
"This book is nothing short of the 'key' to the Internet for musicians and performers. It should be required reading for any musician who is serious about a career in the business."
- Mark Northam, Publisher, Film Music magazine
"Peter Spellman maps out all the necessary strategies and paths for musicians staking out a career on-line. For first-time artists, this book is Music Business 101, 102, and 103 combined. For experienced artists, this book will be a great refresher. Keep it handy at all times!"
- Sounni de Fontenay, Editor-in-Chief, MusicDish.com
"This is the best how-to book I've ever seen, with specific advice and examples on how to get your music to the world. Buy this book and read it tonight!"
- Derek Sivers, President, CDBaby.com
Also by Peter Spellman