Private Guitar Lesson Level 9
Private Guitar Lesson Level 9 is an opportunity for you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of the skills you have developed in the Guitar program. Throughout the term you have worked with your private lesson instructor to formulate the repertoire for your performances, so that it aptly showcases your understanding and application of music theory, chord scales, and single-note and chord technique, while creatively applying them to musical settings. In this final level, you will perform two half-hour recitals with an ensemble, either live or recorded, and receive feedback from your instructor.
By the end of Private Guitar Lesson Level 9, you will be able to:
Demonstrate mastery of the music theory, scales, triads, four-part chords and arpeggios, covered in private lesson Levels 1-8
Select repertoire for two 30-minute performances that is representative of the skills you have developed in the Guitar program
Further develop and refine your ability to perform the selected repertoire
- Perform two live 30-minute recitals either live or recorded
Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements
Prerequisite Courses, Knowledge, and/or Skills
Completion of Private Guitar Lesson Level 8 is required.
- No textbooks required
- Electric or acoustic guitar
- Students are required to capture their instrumental performance, as well as monitor audio output. Options include:
- Input (one required):
- Instrument connected directly to audio interface (recommended electric option; alternatively, the microphone options below can be used with amplified instruments)
- XLR microphone and audio interface (recommended acoustic option)
- USB microphone
- Built-in computer/mobile device microphone
- Output (one required):
- Headphones (recommended option; required if multitracking and/or input monitoring a microphone)
- Studio monitors and audio interface
- Built-in or external speakers
- Input (one required):
- Note: Depending on your setup, you may also need XLR/instrument cables and a microphone stand.
General Course Requirements
Below are the minimum requirements to access the course environment and participate in Live Chats. Please make sure to also check the Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements section above, and ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for all software needed for your course.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal microphone
- Broadband Internet connection