Private Guitar Lesson Level 9
Private Guitar Lesson Level 9 is an opportunity for the student to demonstrate the depth and breadth of the skills they have developed in the Guitar program. Throughout the term they have worked with their private lesson instructor to formulate the repertoire for their performances, so that it aptly showcases their understanding and application of music theory, chord scales, and single-note and chord technique, while creatively applying them to musical settings. In this final level the student will perform two half-hour recitals via live webcam and receive feedback from their instructor.Read More
By the end of Private Guitar Lesson Level 9, you will be able to:
Demonstrate mastery of the music theory, scales, triads, four-part chords and arpeggios, covered in private lesson levels 1-8
Select repertoire for two 30-minute performances that is representative of the skills you have developed in the Guitar program
Further develop and refine your ability to perform the selected repertoire
- Perform two live 30-minute juried recitals via webcam
Completion of Private Guitar Lesson Level 8 is required.
No Required Textbooks
A recording tool is provided within the course that will allow students to record videos of themselves playing for assignment submission. Alternatively, students can use a digital camera, smartphone, or tablet to record assignments.
- Audio interface such as the IK Multimedia Stealthplug, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Mbox, etc. See the Student Deals page for discounts
- A built-in microphone or an external microphone plugged directly into your computer (via built in ports or an external audio interface)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 500 MB hard drive space
- Speakers or headphones
- Internet connection with at least 4 Mbps download speed ( http://www.speedtest.net to verify or download the Speedtest by Ookla app from your mobile app store)