Earn an Online Bachelor Degree with Berklee
Berklee Online's bachelor degree program is the most affordable and flexible option for earning your music degree from Berklee College of Music.
Students who complete Berklee Online's degree program are eligible to walk at Berklee's commencement ceremony in Boston, MA in early May. For more information on last year's commencement festivities, please visit our Commencement page.
Important: Graduation Applications are due by December 1.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible to graduate
- Review your Degree Audit information available through my.berklee.edu to determine if you are eligible. Note that the anticipated completion date on your degree audit has no bearing on your eligibility to graduate. To ensure accuracy, please do not use your "My Progress" planning page as this is not your official record
- For more information on graduation eligibility, please refer to the eligibility requirements section.
- If you need additional guidance in this process or have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help.
Step 2: Decide whether you wish to participate in the Berklee College of Music Commencement Ceremony
- In order to participate in the Berklee College of Music Commencement ceremony in Boston, Massachusetts, you must be within nine (9) credits of completing your degree requirements by the end of the spring semester. If you will be within this range and would like to participate in commencement, please indicate this on your graduation application.
- As the Berklee Online spring semester will still be in progress at the time of commencement, you will also need to be in good standing in your current courses at the time of the graduation ceremony.
Step 3: Apply for graduation
(October 1 - December 1)
- You must apply for graduation by academic year. The graduation application will become available on October 1 and will be due on December 1. For example, if you are graduating in May 2018, the graduation application will become available on October 1, 2017 and will be due on December 1, 2017.
- Even if you do not intend on participating in commencement, please note that completing this application is the only way to notify Berklee Online of your graduation plans. There is no penalization if your calculations are off and you are not eligible to graduate.
- You must apply for graduation by December 1. If you turn in your application late, it will delay processing of your academic record and diploma order, your name may not be listed in the ceremony program, and there is a chance that you will miss your opportunity to walk in commencement.
- Complete the online Application for Graduation.
Step 4: Graduation application approval
- Once you submit your graduation application, the Transcript Evaluation Manager will review your application and send you an email confirming whether you have been provisionally approved to graduate and/or to participate in the commencement ceremony.
- This email will include a copy of your degree audit with your remaining requirements highlighted, an estimated graduation date, and important stipulations regarding what you will need to complete in order to be eligible to walk in commencement.
- Please note that if you fail, withdraw, or do not enroll in the appropriate courses in the terms leading up to commencement, you may lose your eligibility to walk in the ceremony.
Graduation Eligibility Requirements
Each candidate for graduation from Berklee Online's degree program must meet the following requirements:
- Attain at least a 2.70 cumulative GPA in concentrate courses
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.00
- Fulfill all program requirements AND complete a minimum of 120 credits for a single major or 165 for a dual major
- Complete a minimum of 60 institutional credits or 105 for a dual major
- Fulfill all financial obligations to the college