Graduate Degree Admissions Information
If you have completed at least 6 credits in your graduate degree program, you are eligible to supplement your learning with an internship that aligns with your career goals.
You can earn 1 credit for your internship by completing the Graduate Internship in Music Entertainment course. Please note that this course will not fulfill a requirement in your degree program and will not be factored into your GPA. Your internship should run during the semester in which you are enrolled in the course and involve a minimum of 100 work hours over 12 weeks. Please note that it is imperative, as an intern, that you are enrolled in academic credits and/or receive a wage for your work per the US Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Act (FSA).
How to get started:
- Make sure you have an up-to-date résumé and a cover letter that you can tailor for specific internship opportunities.
- Apply to internship positions using the following resources (or your own contacts):
We recommend that you apply to 15-20 internship positions. We also recommend that you begin your internship search at the beginning of the semester prior to the semester in which you wish to intern. It may take a full 12 weeks to secure your internship.
- Once you have secured your internship, contact the Berklee Online Internship Advisor at email@example.com and provide the following information about your internship:
- Company name
- Supervisor's name, email, phone number, and mailing address
- Internship job description
- The Internship Advisor will email you a link to the General Release form for your internship, which you will need to sign and submit.
- Once the Internship Advisor has approved your internship and you have signed and submitted the General Release form, you will be able to register for the Internship in Music Entertainment course.
Who is eligible to participate in the Internship in Music Entertainment course?
Any graduate degree student who has completed at least 6 credits in their program. The Internship Advisor will confirm your eligibility.
Is the internship course available year-round?
Yes. Students may participate in any semester: fall, winter, spring, or summer.
Will the internship course satisfy a company's internship credit requirement?
The internship course is 1 credit and could satisfy a company's internship credit requirement. Most companies include the credit requirements in their internship postings. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that they are satisfying the requirements of their internship.
Can I take the internship course more than once?
Yes, students may take the course more than once to extend their internship or undertake a different internship.
How many credits does the internship course satisfy in the graduate degree programs?
The internship course is worth 1 credit but does not satisfy any requirements in the graduate degree programs.
How is the internship course graded?
Students will be graded as Pass/Fail based on their supervisor's review of their performance. Supervisors will be sent a form to complete in the last week of the semester. They will need to complete the form by the last day of the semester. Any forms not received by that date will result in a failing grade for the student.
What is the cost of the internship course?
The tuition for the graduation internship course is $920.
Can I use financial aid for the graduate internship course?
No, because this course will not fulfill any requirements of the program, students cannot use financial aid for the course.
Who should I contact with any additional questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you have, or call 1-866-BERKLEE ext. 1 (international students should call 1-617-747-2146 ext. 1).