Questions? Contact an Academic Advisor
Mon-Thu, 9AM-8PM ET
Fri, 9AM-5PM ET
If you have completed at least 30 credits in the Bachelor of Professional Studies degree program, we strongly encourage that you supplement your learning with an internship that aligns with your career goals.
You can earn three specified elective credits for your internship by completing the Internship in Music Entertainment course. Your internship should run during the semester in which you are enrolled in the course and involve a minimum of 90 work hours over 12 weeks, in addition to the work assigned in the course. Please note that it is imperative, as an intern, that you are enrolled in academic credits and/or receive a wage for your work per the US Department of Labor’s Fair Labor Standards Act (FSA).
How to get started:
- Make sure you have an up-to-date résumé and a cover letter that you can tailor for specific internship opportunities.
- Apply to internship positions using the following resources (or your own contacts):
We recommend that you apply to 15-20 internship positions. We also recommend that you begin your internship search at the beginning of the semester prior to the semester in which you wish to intern. It may take a full 12 weeks to secure your internship.
- Once you have secured your internship, contact the Berklee Online Internship Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information about your internship:
- Company name
- Supervisor's name, email, phone number, and mailing address
- Internship job description
- The Internship Advisor will email you a General Release form for your internship. Sign and return the form to email@example.com or by faxing to 617-747-2149.
- Once the Internship Advisor has approved your internship and you have signed and returned the General Release form, you will be able to register for the Internship in Music Entertainment course.
Degree Program FAQs
Who is eligible to participate in the Internship in Music Entertainment course?
Any Bachelor of Professional Studies degree student who has completed at least 30 credits in their program. The Internship Advisor will confirm your eligibility.
Is the internship course available year-round?
Yes. Students may participate in any semester: fall, winter, spring, or summer.
Will the internship course satisfy a company's internship credit requirement?
The internship course is three credits and will usually satisfy a company's internship credit requirement. Most companies include the credit requirements in their internship postings.
Can I take the internship course more than once?
Yes, students may take the course more than once to extend their internship or undertake a different internship.
How many credits does the internship course satisfy in the Bachelor of Professional Studies degree program?
The internship course fulfills three specified elective credits within your major.
How is the internship course graded?
Students earn a letter grade A-F, which is determined based on the following assignments:
- Learning contract/action plan: 5%
- Overall participation in course, including discussions and chats: 10%
- Journal: 10%
- Weekly assignments submitted on time: 40%
- Final project: 15%
- Documented completion of hours and supervisor evaluation: 20%
What is the cost of the internship course?
The internship course is $1,479—the same cost as other three-credit courses.
Who should I contact with any additional questions?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any additional questions you have, or call 1-866-BERKLEE ext. 1 (international students should call 1-617-747-2146 ext. 1).