Private Guitar Lesson Level 7 builds upon the knowledge gained in earlier levels regarding the harmonic minor scale and its chordal possibilities. You will also revisit the diminished scale. Both scales will be studied in all keys. Chord inversions will be expanded upon and voice leading will be practiced by way of triads in C harmonic minor. You will also explore harmonic minor four-part chord forms further, knowledge which will be applied to a final musical piece under the guidance of the instructor.
By the end of Private Guitar Lesson Level 7, you will be able to:
Play the harmonic minor scale in all keys from any degree or mode in three octaves (min. tempo of 60 beats per minute)
Play the diminished scale in all keys in three octaves from the tonic (min. tempo of 60 beats per minute)
Play triads diatonic to C harmonic minor, voice led through six cycles from Root, first and second inversions, close and spread.
Play augmented triad arpeggios three octaves from any chord tone, all keys (min. tempo of 60 beats per minute)
Play four-part chords of Maj7, Min7, Dom7, Min7b5, Dom7sus4, 7#5, and Dim7 in all inversions and all keys
Play four-part arpeggios of Maj7, Min7, Dom7, Min7b5, Dom7sus4, 7#5, and Dim7 in three octaves from any chord tone, all keys (min. tempo of 60 beats per minute)
Read level-appropriate single notes and chords with rhythm notation
- Perform an instructor-approved performance piece
Completion of Private Guitar Lesson Level 6 is required.
No Required Textbooks
A recording tool is provided within the course that will allow students to record videos of themselves playing for assignment submission. Alternatively, students can use a digital camera, smartphone, or tablet to record assignments.
- Audio interface such as the IK Multimedia Stealthplug, Focusrite Scarlett 2i2, Mbox, etc. See the Student Deals page for discounts
- A built-in microphone or an external microphone plugged directly into your computer (via built in ports or an external audio interface)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- 500 MB hard drive space
- Speakers or headphones
- Internet connection with at least 4 Mbps download speed ( http://www.speedtest.net to verify or download the Speedtest by Ookla app from your mobile app store)