School Info, Enrollment, & Policies

Berklee Online is the online extension school of Berklee College of Music, delivering access to Berklee’s acclaimed curriculum from anywhere in the world. Berklee Online's award-winning online courses, multi-course certificate programs, and Bachelor of Professional Studies degree are accredited and taught by the college's world-renowned faculty, providing lifelong learning opportunities to people interested in music and working in the music industry.

Academic Policies

Online Degrees

You can review the policies related to our online degree programs here.

Online Courses and Certificates

The links to the left outline major academic policies for Berklee Online. Students should become familiar with the information contained in each of the following sections.

By enrolling, students accept responsibility for reading, understanding, and conforming to all Berklee Online policies, procedures, and dates.

Change of Address

All students must have a current mailing address on file with Berklee Online. Important documentation is regularly sent out via mail, with documents including:

  • 1098-T federal tax forms
  • Letters regarding enrollment status
  • Refunds
  • Letters of completion
  • Certificates
  • Other important information

Students can update address and contact information by logging into Berklee Online and selecting My Account. Within this page students can update your contact information including your current mailing address.

For 1098-T federal tax form information please log into Berklee Online and follow the link on the right hand side called Tax Information. On this page you will be able to provide your social security number as well as find additional information regarding this process.

Methods of Communication—Email

Email is the official method of communication regarding important deadlines, events, administrative business required for student enrollment, announcements, changes to existing courses and programs, and other updates. Students enrolled with Berklee Online must be opted in to receive all email communications.

Grievance Policy

Situations sometimes arise in which particular circumstances surrounding a policy decision require special consideration, or students have a complaint about the behavior or performance of a faculty or staff member.

As a general rule, students should address their concerns about a policy decision or a faculty member directly with the Continuing Education Registrar. An unresolved complaint about the behavior/performance of a staff member may be brought to the attention of the person’s immediate supervisor.

If the complaint remains unresolved, the student may continue to appeal to a higher level of authority, within the appropriate area, up to the vice president of the area.

If online students residing in another state wish to file a formal complaint with their home state authorizing agency after exhausting internal avenues, they may do so using the contact information listed here.

Questions? Contact an Academic Advisor

Contact Our Dedicated
Military Academic Advisors

Contact an Advisor

Mon-Thu, 9AM-8PM ET
Fri, 9AM-5PM ET
Call or Text Us at

Int'l: +1-617-747-2146