Based on feedback from Ableton Live users, Advanced Music Production with Ableton Live offers a forward-thinking approach to recording, editing mixing and mastering using Ableton Live. The course provides in-depth training on Live's components, such as Operator, Sampler, Analog, Tension, and Electric. Students will master tools for live performance, such as on-the-fly beat creation and getting the most out of your controller, as well as the concepts behind composing effective grooves, bass lines, pads, harmony, and melody. Students will also delve into effects processing with compression, gate, chorus, flanging, and other delay lines, and learn how to use Racks to combine them to create original and dynamic textures. The course features hands-on, guided demonstrations of Ableton Live, and goes into great detail on using the application for complex compositions, mixing, and live performances in any musical style. The course emphasizes exploration and experimentation, culminating with a final project in which students create a full-length song or a live performance tool.
By the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Compose grooves, bass lines, pads, and melodies which can be applied to any musical style
- Use Ableton Live as a composition assistant to apply rich harmonic ideas to compositions
- Use synthesis tools to improve music productions
- Design any sound imaginable with Ableton Live's synths
- Create unique textures with audio effects
- Apply effects processing to create professionally polished productions
- Use Live in both studio production and live performance environments
Berklee Online and Ableton have come together to offer an educational discount on Ableton Suite 9. Once you enroll in the course, you will be able to purchase the software at the discounted price through the Required Course Materials link on your My Home page. Early enrollment is encouraged to ensure software delivery prior to the start of the course. Depending on the shipping option chosen, software delivery could take up to eight business days.