Private Voice Lesson Level 7
Private Voice Lesson Level 7 builds upon the skills developed in previous lesson levels. You will be introduced to the whole-tone scale. Arranging for solo singing will also be explored. Songs may be repeated in Levels 5–8 as you are building repertoire for the final recital.
All final exam materials for Levels 4–7 must be performed with accompaniment (either backing track, live accompanist, or self-accompaniment if you are highly proficient). A cappella singing is only permitted in special musical circumstances where the arrangement of the song is intended to be performed without accompaniment.
All final exam materials for all levels must be approved by your instructor and performed from memory:
- One song in a language other than English
- Five contrasting songs in any style/genre
By the end of Private Voice Lesson Level 7, you will be able to:
- Sing the whole-tone scale a cappella in two transpositions
- Create your own arrangement(s) in the form of lead sheets, tracks, or collaboration with a producer to create tracks
- Perform one exercise, etude, or song that has meter changes
- Harmonize a simple four-bar melody in a minor key
- Perform at least seven contrasting songs learned throughout the semester
Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements
Completion of Private Voice Lesson Level 6 is required.
- None required
- Students are required to create notation and submit it in PDF format. Options include:
- Notation software such as Finale, Sibelius, MuseScore (free), Dorico, etc.
- Handwritten notation captured by photo or a scanner is acceptable
- Piano or keyboard instrument with at least 61 keys
- If using a MIDI keyboard controller, a sound source is also required.
- If using a digital piano or keyboard workstation without built in speakers, an audio interface is also required.
- Students are required to capture their vocal performance digitally in high quality, as well as monitor their audio output. Options include:
- XLR microphone and audio interface (recommended option)
- USB microphone
After enrolling, please check the Getting Started section of your course for potential deals on required materials. Our Student Deals page also features several discounts you can take advantage of as a current student. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
General Course Requirements
Below are the minimum requirements to access the course environment and participate in Live Chats. Please make sure to also check the Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements section above, and ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for all software needed for your course.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal microphone
- Broadband Internet connection