Private Voice Lesson Level 8
Private Voice Lesson Level 8 builds upon the skills developed in all previous lesson levels. Accompaniment for both the 30-minute recital in Level 8 and the 60-minute final recital in Level 9 may include, but is not limited to a combination of self-accompaniment, performance with a live ensemble or accompanist, or using tracks that are produced by you or a collaborator expressly for this live performance. Tracks acquired from other sources are not appropriate for the final recital performance. Students in Level 8 are also required to present a 30-minute recital featuring a portion of the music intended for the final recital in Level 9.
You will work with your instructor to fine-tune your recital program and receive constructive feedback from them. The final performance may be either live streamed or recorded, and should be performed before the last lesson of the semester. You will receive feedback on your performance from your instructor during the final week of the semester.
All final exam materials for all levels must be approved by your instructor and performed from memory:
- Six to eight contrasting songs in any style/genre
By the end of Private Voice Lesson Level 8, you will be able to:
- Sing the diminished scale a cappella in two transpositions
- Select repertoire for the final performance that is representative of the skills you have developed in the voice program
- Further develop and refine your ability to perform the selected repertoire
- Program an engaging and well-balanced 30-minute recital representative of the work you have done in previous semesters and the music you plan to perform in Level 9
- Organize a rhythm section, create your own arrangements and tracks, or collaborate with a producer to create tracks
- Perform all selected recital repertoire in a 30-minute recital livestreamed or recorded and submitted to your instructor
Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements
Completion of Private Voice Lesson Level 7 is required.
- None required
- Students are required to create notation and submit it in PDF format. Options include:
- Notation software such as Finale, Sibelius, MuseScore (free), Dorico, etc.
- Handwritten notation captured by photo or a scanner is acceptable
- Piano or keyboard instrument with at least 61 keys
- If using a MIDI keyboard controller, a sound source is also required.
- If using a digital piano or keyboard workstation without built in speakers, an audio interface is also required.
- Students are required to capture their vocal performance digitally in high quality, as well as monitor their audio output. Options include:
- XLR microphone and audio interface (recommended option)
- USB microphone
After enrolling, please check the Getting Started section of your course for potential deals on required materials. Our Student Deals page also features several discounts you can take advantage of as a current student. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
General Course Requirements
Below are the minimum requirements to access the course environment and participate in Live Chats. Please make sure to also check the Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements section above, and ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for all software needed for your course.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal microphone
- Broadband Internet connection