Private Voice Lesson Level 9
Private Voice Lesson Level 9 is an opportunity for you to demonstrate the depth and breadth of the skills you have developed in the voice program. Throughout the term you have worked with your private lesson instructor to formulate the repertoire for your performances to showcase your understanding and application of vocal technique, improvisation, and interpretation while creatively applying them to musical settings. The 60-minute final recital in Level 9 may include, but is not limited to, a combination of self-accompaniment, performance with a live ensemble or accompanist, or the use of tracks that are produced by you or a collaborator expressly for this live performance.
Students in Level 9 are required to collaborate with other musicians to produce their final 60-minute recital. Tracks acquired from other sources are not appropriate for the final recital performance. The final performance may be either live streamed or recorded, and must be performed before the last lesson of the semester. You will receive constructive feedback from your instructor in the final lesson of the semester.
By the end of Private Voice Lesson Level 9, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate mastery of singing in several musical genres, perform scales and triads in major, minor, and pentatonic tonalities as covered in Levels 1–8
- Demonstrate performance skills including speaking in a performance setting and engaging with an audience
- Perform and lead a 60-minute recital consisting of at least six songs with original tracks/arrangements, a live band, or a combination of accompaniment (presented either via livestream or recorded)
Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements
Completion of Private Voice Lesson Level 8 is required.
- None required
- Students are required to create notation and submit it in PDF format. Options include:
- Notation software such as Finale, Sibelius, MuseScore (free), Dorico, etc.
- Handwritten notation captured by photo or a scanner is acceptable
- Piano or keyboard instrument with at least 61 keys
- If using a MIDI keyboard controller, a sound source is also required.
- If using a digital piano or keyboard workstation without built in speakers, an audio interface is also required.
- Students are required to capture their vocal performance digitally in high quality, as well as monitor their audio output. Options include:
- XLR microphone and audio interface (recommended option)
- USB microphone
After enrolling, please check the Getting Started section of your course for potential deals on required materials. Our Student Deals page also features several discounts you can take advantage of as a current student. Please contact email@example.com for any questions.
General Course Requirements
Below are the minimum requirements to access the course environment and participate in Live Chats. Please make sure to also check the Prerequisites and Course-Specific Requirements section above, and ensure your computer meets or exceeds the minimum system requirements for all software needed for your course.
- Latest version of Google Chrome
- Zoom meeting software
- Speakers or headphones
- External or internal microphone
- Broadband Internet connection